Monday, October 1, 2012

"Zumbathon" For Christi Rosen & Breast Cancer


Yesterday was amazing!  A dear friend of mine named Christie Rosen who is battling triple-negative breast cancer, was thrown a "Zumbathon" by her sister and her community (Brecksville Ohio).  Everyone showed up in pink and Latin-danced for over an hour.  The event raised $2600.00 and Christie surprised me and donated all of it to the Toni Turchi Foundation.  I was in AWE!  She told me to give it to Dr. Vincent Tuohy of the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland Ohio who was named Innovator of the year" in 2010 for his groundbreaking science in a vaccine to prevent breast cancer.  Today, I surprised Christie!  I contacted Dr. Tuohy and made arrangements to take Christie to the Clinic and hand-deliver the check herself.  Christi's ecstatic!

Christie, keep on fighting, I need you desperately as my right-hand person in my foundation.  I love you so much my dear friend.



"Zumbathon" Participants


Christie, son Julian, sister Dawn

Instructor: Ann Marie Martinis

No comments:

Post a Comment